Friday, February 20, 2015

Happy birthday Dad


My daddy had the biggest heart ever!!!!
This is a photo of him, my grandma Mary, my sis, and me! (I'm sitting next to dad) Today is his birthday and I am sure he is in Heaven dancing and singing with the angels. I think he is extra happy today as he is celebrating together with my mom for the first time in many years. I have lots to be proud of having him for a father. He was kind, generous, extremely hard working and had a wonderful sense of humor. He loved to sing and dance, and in later years when he could, travel a little when he allowed himself to get away from his work. The calming force in our family, he loved my mom and us kids with all his heart and soul.. My dad had a hard life, lots of tough breaks and plans that never came to full realization, but he never gave up. He loved God with a depth I never truly understood until I was grown. He would read the Bible often, and frequently had our pastor over for long conversations and Bible study. Along with my mom, he held me when I cried, scolded me when I broke the rules, shone bright when I succeeded and most of all had faith in me when I failed. I owe what I am today to that man. Death changes everything, but time changes nothing, I still miss the sound of his voice,, the wisdom of his words, the stories of his life and just being in his presence. I miss you daddy as much today as I did the day you left us.

No comments:

Post a Comment